01 生活起居(5 / 9)

投票推荐 加入书签 留言反馈

  molly likes to spend time on decoration to make her home more pleasant.
  莫莉很喜欢花时间装修房子让她的家更温馨。
  molly: i think the whole house needs repainting. i'd like the rural style, which can bring some elements of nature. what about repainting the living—room in primrose yellow?
  莫莉:我觉得整个房子都需要重新粉刷。我喜欢田园风格的,这样能给我们带来一些自然元素。你觉得把客厅刷成淡黄色怎么样?
  king: great minds think alike. and we can also ask someone to draw a picture on the wall.
  金:英雄所见略同。我们也可以找人来帮我们在墙上画一幅画。
  molly: i think a crystal chandelier would look great in our living—room, and maybe some new curtains for the windows.
  莫莉:在客厅里装一盏水晶吊灯会很漂亮,另外还需要一些新窗帘装饰窗户。
  king: no problem. you can be in charge of going to curtain shops to choose curtains. having good curtains made isn't cheap.
  金:没问题,你可以负责去窗帘店挑窗帘。要订做好的窗帘可不便宜。
  molly: why can't we just buy curtains already made?
  莫莉:为什么我们不能买已经做好的窗帘?
  king: absolutely not. the windows must be measured, and then the curtains need to be made specially.
  金:绝对不行。必须先量好这些窗户,再专门制做窗帘。
  molly: ok, leave it to me.
  莫莉:好,交给我吧。
  king: perhaps we could buy some potted plants for the dining room. and i think it's better to paint the dining room in orange or yellow to increase our appetite.
  金:也许我们可以买些盆栽装饰餐厅。我认为把餐厅粉刷成橙色或者黄色比较好,这样可以增加食欲。
  molly: great! paint it orange, ok?
  莫莉:这个主意太棒了!把餐厅刷成橙色怎么样?
  king: i can't agree with you any more.
  金:非常赞同。
  notes
  1. rural ['ru:r?l] adj. 农村的
  2. primrose ['primr?uz] n. 报春花;淡黄色;adj. 如樱草般淡黄色泽的;欢乐的
  3. great minds think alike. 英雄所见略同。
  4. chandelier [???ndi'li?] n. 枝形吊灯(烛台)
  5. potted ['p?tid] adj. 盆栽的,罐装的,摘要的;(俚)喝醉的
  小贴士
  decorate, remodel, redo, upgrade词义辨析: ↑返回顶部↑

章节目录