01 生活起居(7 / 9)

投票推荐 加入书签 留言反馈

  joe: that'll be fine.
  乔:好的。
  monica: thank you. i'll see you then. then i'll give jane, tony and steven a call to help me out. i shall be lucky to make friends like you.
  莫尼卡:谢谢你,那到时见。我还要给简、托尼和史蒂文打电话让他们帮忙。我能交到像你们这样的朋友真是太荣幸了。
  notes
  1. pack [p?k] v.(把……)打包;收拾行李
  2. help sb. out 帮助某人解决难题;帮助某人摆脱困境;帮助某人完成工作
  小贴士
  搬家省钱省时妙招
  the cost of moving is rarely cheap, but if you do it right, it doesn't have to break the bank.
  搬家的成本很高,不过如果做得恰当,也不会很破费。
  step 1: make a budget(做好预算)
  figure out what will be involved in your move and how much you can afford to spend. consider the cost of shipping large or fragile items versus selling them and then replacing them when you move to your new home.
  弄清楚搬家都需要做哪些以及能支付起多少。对于搬运体积大的或易碎物品,可也先将其卖掉,等搬完新家后再重新买,要考虑好这两者之间的成本。
  step 2: trim your stuff(精简自己的物品)
  step 3: hold a yard sale(不需要的物品卖掉)
  step 4: do it yourself(亲力亲为)
  do as much as possible by yourself, including packing, loading, cleaning, and shipping. the more you do, the less you have to pay.
  尽量自己动手,包括打包、装运、清洁和运输。自己动手做得越多,需要支付的就越少。
  step 5: ask for help(寻求帮助)
  ask friends for help with packing, loading, and cleaning. if you're moving locally, you can borrow friends' cars instead of renting a moving van.
  请朋友来帮忙打包、装运以及清洁。如果是在当地搬家,你可以借用朋友的汽车,而不必租用搬家公司的车辆。
  step 6: shop for discounts(买打折的商品)
  go to the discount store if you need a packing or pick up service.
  如果需要打包和运送服务,就去打折商店。
  精挑细选买家具
  dialogue
  the smiths are planning to buy a sofa of threepiece suite. now they are in a furniture store.
  史密斯夫妇正打算买一组3件套的沙发。现在他们在一家家具店里。
  seller: good morning. what can i do for you? ↑返回顶部↑

章节目录