01 社会热点(8 / 9)

投票推荐 加入书签 留言反馈

  mary: i can't afford that high price. my purse is almost empty now.
  玛丽:我付不起那么高的价钱,我的钱包现在都快空了。
  ada: are you a moonlite, too?
  艾达:你也是月光族吗?
  mary: yeah, i'm forced to be a moonlite.there's little money left by the end of each month.
  玛丽:是啊,我是被逼成月光族的。每个月末基本上都不剩钱。
  ada: me, too. the price of the goods is too high. i almost can't afford it.
  艾达:我也是。商品价格太高了,我几乎承受不起了。
  mary: i have the same feeling with you. the cost of life is almost unaffordable to me.
  玛丽:我和你有同样的感觉。我快要负担不起生活成本了。
  ada: the inflation and the low income make life harder than before.
  艾达:通货膨胀和低收入让生活变得比以前艰难了。
  mary: we should ask the manager to raise our salaries.
  玛丽:我们应该要求经理给我们涨工资。
  ada: it'll be no more better if our requests can be fulfilled.
  艾达:如果我们的要求能满足的话就再好不过了。
  notes
  1. afford [??f?:d] v. 买得起,担负得起;提供,给予
  2. force [f?:s] v. 强迫,逼迫;用力推动;n. 军队;暴力
  3. inflatio [in?flei??n] n.通货膨胀
  4. income [?ink?m] n. 收入,所得,收益
  5. salary [?s?l?ri] n. 薪金,薪水
  小贴士
  1. i ask my boss to raise my salary.
  我要求老板给我涨工资。
  2. workers strongly demand for a higher salary.
  工人们极力要求涨工资。
  3. what is your opinion about pay raise?
  你对涨工资怎么看?
  4. the price begins to soar. ↑返回顶部↑

章节目录